I think my need for entrepreneurship comes from my well understanding of others. I think I am a person who is good at capturing the emotions of others, so I will have an understanding of the needs of others. Recently, viral pneumonia in Wuhan, China has become a big problem, which directly led to a large increase in the demand for related protective equipment. There are many self-protection-conscious people who have high demand for masks, and purchase a large number of existing masks in the market. According to scientific analysis, this time the infectious virus will last at least 4 months, which means that the demand for masks will remain high in the short term. Many mask processing factories are increasing output in response to the booming market. I am 90% sure that the market for related protection products has a opportunity.
I asked foreign students from China and my family around me, and they had a relatively deep understanding of the dangers of pneumonia.
Friend A
What is the exact nature of the need?
Need supplies that protect yourself
When do they become aware of the need-that is, do they experience their need all the time or only sometimes?
Since the advent of viral pneumonia
How long have they had the need?
one week
When did they first become aware of their need? Why?
He have been health conscious since I was young, but now I am paying more attention because of the contagious nature of viral pneumonia
How are they currently addressing their need? How satisfied are they with this solution?
Bought a mask and disinfectant. Basically satisfied with the situation.
Family Member B
What is the exact nature of the need?
Protecting health and safety and preventing viral pneumonia in daily life.
When do they become aware of the need-that is, do they experience their need all the time or only sometimes?
When the first patient appears in her city
How long have they had the need?
Two weeks
When did they first become aware of their need? Why?
After reporting that viral pneumonia is spread
How are they currently addressing their need? How satisfied are they with this solution?
She purchased some masks, but the number of masks is small and not enough for daily life. Not very satisfied with the situation.
Friend C
What is the exact nature of the need?
Avoid viral pneumonia
When do they become aware of the need-that is, do they experience their need all the time or only sometimes?
When suspected infections appeared in the community
How long have they had the need?
one week
When did they first become aware of their need? Why?
When he learned that there were suspected infections in the community, his protection for his own health and safety became stronger.
How are they currently addressing their need? How satisfied are they with this solution?
He bought a mask and disinfectant. Not satisfied with the situation but no better solutions.
Reflection
I learned from other people's reactions that demand changes with the environment, and unexpected situations increase opportunities. One of the things I'm most surprised about is that some opportunities are short in time, and they are only going to last a few months.
Summary
How much of your original opportunity is still there?
I think my original opportunity is very small, because the manufacturing plant of related supplies is in the process of producing and processing supplies to supply market share.
Do you believe that your new opportunity is more accurate than when you started?
I believe it will, because there are many types of sanitary products. As people attach more importance to their own protection, the demand for sanitary products will greatly increase, not only masks.
How much do you think entrepreneurs should 'adapt' their opportunities based on customer feedback?
I think 90%, entrepreneurs should adapt to market changes in order to better develop the company.
Hansun,
ReplyDeleteI thought your post was very informative and detailed. I also think it was a good idea to form this particular opportunity belief with the current virus situation. In addition, I believe identifying some of the opportunity as short-term is a crucial detail in this process, so you do not plan for a long-term presence in the market. Overall, realizing that your opportunity belief may not be as strong as you originally thought may actually be a good thing.
Hansun,
ReplyDeleteI thought your post was very intuitive and ingenious. There is definitely a need for protective equipment from the virus that is spreading. I think you could even try to make the protective masks fashionable might increase sales. Your idea fits perfectly for what Dr. Pryor wants to see in a business. You get in the market. Make your money. Then exit.