Friday, February 28, 2020

13A – Reading Reflection No. 1

“Bad Blood”
What surprised you the most?
What surprised me the most was that Elizabeth Holmes' original intention was good, but in the subsequent entrepreneurial road, she forgot her original intention and went further and further in the wrong direction.
What about the entrepreneur did you most admire?
I don't appreciate Elizabeth Holmes's approach, but I appreciate her spirit of daring to drop out of school in order to fulfill her dream.
What about the entrepreneur did you least admire?
I do not appreciate her deceiving consumers in order to protect the value of the company and ignore the safety of consumers.
Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it?
She encountered a bottleneck while researching the product, and she could not achieve the expected results through many technologies. In order to guarantee the value of the company's shares, she chose fraud to deceive consumers and investors, but was eventually found to be fraud.
2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited?
I realized that Elizabeth Holmes showed amazing eloquence and strong persuasion. As a self-made entrepreneur, Elizabeth has obtained investment from many famous investors through her lobbying, although it is full of lies.
3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Elizabeth Holmes's company has received a lot of attention, and even former vice president Biden has visited his company. But why no one found her research to be fake for a long time.
4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
I'm very curious about the change in Elizabeth Holmes. Two questions I want to ask her are:
What changed her so that she gave up her original intention and went to the road of counterfeiting?
Does she understand the risks of counterfeiting and the possible consequences, and still decides to do so: or is she fluke?
5) For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
Because of Elizabeth Holmes' failure, her own claim to success is not credible. But I believe she also invested a lot of energy in the research process.

1 comment:

  1. Hansun,

    Based on the details you gave about Elizabeth Holmes, I would have to agree with your opinions about her story. It seems the love of money and the fear of failure drove her to do unworthy things. I also agree with you that she had to have courage to drop out of school in order to pursue her dreams, which speak volumes about her passion.

    ReplyDelete